Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bok, Bok, Bok!

We are NOT used to the girls having grow up vocalizations! It still throws us off guard. Little Mabel is really getting close to matching the adult chicken noises. She still is a bit peepy though!

I took some photos of the girls today, they are starting to roost more during the day. At night they still snuggle down in the coop on the floor together.

This is Madalyn our Black Star on the roost, check out her comb and wattle coming in! She's starting to look like a real hen.

I love this shot of our golden laced wyandottes, Pippi & Lacey since it shows what they look like from the front and back. These two love each other and like to hang out together.


Miss Madalyn is very curious and likes to peck on me while I'm trying to take photos. Here she's inspecting where the best spot to peck my sweatshirt might be. She likes the zipper.

2 comments:

  1. Do you find that any of your breeds tend to "talk" a lot? I am contemplating getting my own chickens, so I'm trying to learn more about chickens in general (but with particular interest in noise for the sake of the neighbors).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kalin,

    We haven't really noticed much difference, but Madalyn, our Black Star aka Sex Link is the most vocal of our bunch. But they aren't that noisy (they are also only 3 months old, not sure if they will get more vocal). I do know that if you research the breeds you are interested in it will let you know if they tend to be on the noiser side.

    ReplyDelete